Friday, August 18, 2006

Road Trippin'

God I miss the feelings this song reminds me of. Its “ The Boys Are Back In Town” by Thin Lizzy.

I remember the Bumchum and I bough the sound track for Detroit Rock City and every time I would be in town, the first night we would drive around in his rickety car, we would here this song amongst others. But this one definitely one of them…especially driving to another friends place. It was the feel good song in the same category as ‘Low Rider’

Remember it was in ‘Gone in 60 Seconds’, well, another friend of mine HAS to do the whole hand wiggling thing Nicholas Cage does (yikes, I just saw for the first time this movie was a remake, go figure) and now his girl friend does it too….yikes

And of course, “Sweet Child of Mine” and my buddy *sucks* at singing but we still belt out the song no matter how badly out of tune.

I remember this one time we had gone to the family home to drop my grand mother and my dad entrusted me to drive the car back to Delhi, a rickety Maruti 800 with no air conditioning and this was in July. And it had a terrible sound system but I still hooked up my CD player and I remember the high-way was new and felt oh so smooth and I was frightfully hot.

I was pulled over by the cops coz I was riding without a t-shirt on, drenched in water (had been pouring it on) screaming G’nR at the top of my lungs. Oh dear.

But that is one of those songs…other ones I love are “Road Tripping” by the RHCP, “Paranoid” by Megadeth, “As the Rush Comes” by Motorcycle, “God Gave Rock n Roll To You “ by Kiss, “Free Fallin’” by Tom Petty….there are several other road songs that I love…oh well, I miss highway driving in India. (how about 'Seek & Destroy' and 'Wherever I May Roam'...that was when i was 17, 18 I guess)

In Scotland, would have been a blast if I were there with friend coz the drive was gorgeous…surreal even. Anyway, can’t wait for a road-tip…sometime soon hopefully

No comments: