Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dreams

Mm, I think this post steps from suddenly remembering one or two lucid dreams I had. And I think this is something I would like to look into some more.
I have vague recollections of the dream right now. I forget where it took place or when but I do remember knowing very clearly that I was dreaming. And I remember trying all kinds of things. For instance, I remember conjuring up a door and testing to see if it felt like a door and sounded like wood. I remember sounds interfering with the dream and remember knowing that they were from the outside and I tried to incorporate them into the dream.
I would love to do this and apparently it can be learned. The most successful methods apparently involve waking up during the REM cycle and then going back to sleep straight into REM. I obviously can’t do this since I work but I can try and remember dreams as soon as I wake up.

Anyway, I have had one other dream where I died. Now I have had a few where I wake up with a start just before impact/crash/fall. But there was just one where I saw this truck bearing down on me, I remember focussing on the head-lights, the grill. It was a red truck. Odd I remember that but instead of ducking, I stood there listening to the horn blare. And I was fine. I remember the second it hit me, it didn’t hurt. But I remember nothingness….albeit for 10 seconds and then I woke up with a smile.

But the ones I hate the most are the ones where I am falling. I wake up with a sudden start (am positive my entire body jerks off of the bed) and all my muscles are tensed, my jaw is clenched. Anyway, I googled it and came up with:

As with most common dream themes, falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life. When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life.

Bah!

No comments: