Monday, October 23, 2006

A Nighttime Song

I was talking to Hook last night and told her i can know a person a lifetime and not know them, or i can meet someone and instantly connect and be extremly curious about them. But that doesnt mean i want to know everything all at once. I want to find out over a lifetime. Like SB or Guppy, I want to know them over this life, I want to be the one who helps at their weddings and sees them off, be there when their kid is born.
But those are friends...there are a few people i have met in this life that you just want to know slowly but completely.

Heck, i think its the song Sophia by Nerina Pallot and the fact that i'm in my bed and its completely still outside and there are candles burning in the windowsill, long shadows flickering...the song begins again, with the slow piano, makes me say all this, and its scattered i know but who said thoughts followed a straight line? not when i write, when i write i let them flow without checking them and i feel so very free...

come over...come listen to this song with me, rest your head while i write so when i pause i can look over at you sleeping, come slide under the covers with your arms wrapped around me, you seem like a person with a lot behind their eyes...and i want to know your secrets and share mine...




Okay, this was meant as apiece of writing, im not being all intense or anything, i just wanted to write this...its my equivalent of painting a picture without a model, without a landscape, something i just wanted to paint without a concept in mind...


meh, my white peice of paper, my words and my eyes...

No comments: